4. Copyright Infringement Claims
- The Company's Designated Agent for Receipt of Notification of Claimed Infringement is: The Gideons International In Canada, Gord Balfour, 501 Imperial Rd North, Guelph, ON N1H 7A2 Telephone: 519-823-1140 Fax: 519-767-1913
- If you believe that material posted on the Website infringes on your copyright, you must send a Notification of Claimed Infringement to the Designated Agent listed above containing the following information: (i) signature of the copyright owner or their agent, (ii) identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, (iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, and information sufficient to locate the material, (iv) information on how to contact the complaining party, (v) a statement of your good faith belief that use of the material in the manner is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law, and (vi) a statement that the information in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the material that is allegedly infringed.
- Upon receipt of a notification of claimed infringement that the meets the requirements set forth above, the Company will promptly remove or block access to the allegedly infringing material, and the Company will notify the Website subscriber who posted the material. Upon receipt of a notification that does not comply with the requirements listed above, but which substantially identifies the copyrighted material, the infringing material, and you, the Company will take reasonable steps to assist in the receipt of proper notification.
- If you receive notification from the Company that the Company has blocked allegedly infringing material posted by you, you may send a written counter-notification to the Designated Agent listed above containing the following information: (i) your signature, (ii) identification of the material that has been blocked or removed, (iii) statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the removal or blockage was a result of mistake or misidentification of the material, and (iv) your name, address, and phone number and a statement that you consent to jurisdiction of the District Court for the district in which you are located, and that you will accept service of process from the complaining party or their agent.
- Upon receipt of counter-notification meeting the requirements set forth above, the Company will notify the complaining party that the Company will replace or unblock the material in ten business days unless the Company receives notice that the copyright owner has filed a court action seeking to restrain the alleged infringement.
5. Links to Other Sites
The Website may contains links, including advertisements, to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by the Company of the contents on such third-party websites. The Company is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party websites. If you decide to access linked third-party websites, you do so at your own risk.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its officers, directors, members, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the Website, including but not limited to all Postings by you, your use of the Content or your breach of these terms and conditions. The Company shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
7. User Information
These terms and conditions are governed by the internal substantive laws of Canada, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. If any of these terms and conditions are found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term or condition herein shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the Company with respect to the use of the Website. The Company reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions without notice to you, and your continued use of the Website after such modifications will make such modifications binding on you.
Revised November 2010.