The Gideons International In Canada (TGIC) is an organization of vibrant, passionate men and women who seek to encourage and equip believers and churches to reach their communities and the world with the gospel through the sharing of God’s Word. Established in 1911, the 105-year old ministry has rapidly transformed itself for growth and global impact.
TGIC continues to create innovative ways of reaching more people with the gospel, using tools like the NewLife app (newlife.bible), creating Scripture magazines like Hope, Light and Redemption, and launching a youth arm called SendMe (sendme.ca). In August 2015, TGIC launched their international brand, ShareWord Global. ShareWord Global serves as the ministry’s international arm, extending the ministry’s passion to reach the lost all over the world. For more information, please visit www.gideons.ca.
Revenues: $10 Million
Job type: Full-time
Applications: Interested applicants will submit a letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Department: Programs Department
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
The Gideons International In Canada is seeking an administrator with proven experience in administration as a Personal/Administrative Assistant. This individual is a key member of the Programs Department within the Gideon organization and must have a passion to see God’s Word distributed in Canada and worldwide.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are seeking a highly energetic and gifted individual to join us in the Programs Department. The candidate must be detail oriented, extremely organized, have the ability to manage and distribute information and be administratively minded. This individual will be responsible for a variety of duties, including but not limited to: administrative support for the VP of Programs, administrative coordination for events and conferences, processing and compiling weekly reporting on all Programs activities, coordinating resource inventory and administrative tasks supporting the participant & ministry engagement process. Excellence in customer service is valued and pertinent in all activities.
The Programs Administrator supports the VP of Programs who leads a dynamic team of individuals that are responsible for delivering programs to volunteer members and churches. The Programs Department facilitates personal witness through the distribution of scriptures by cultivating partnerships, fundraising events, training and membership development.
- 2-3 years demonstrated administrative ability in a business or non-profit environment.
- Proven experience in project coordination, and a team mentality in accomplishing objectives.
- Post Secondary Education, Office Administration/Assistant diploma, and Project Management certification an asset.
The Gideons International In Canada is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of The Gideons. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Programs Administrator’s primary responsibility is to assist and support the VP of Programs and the Programs Department administratively. The responsibilities may vary, but include the following:
1. Provide administrative support for the VP of Programs:
- Booking and coordinating travel arrangements as needed.
- Calendar management and booking appointments & meetings.
- Planning and scheduling for VP as required.
- Managing weekly Score Cards for Team and Department.
- Receiving phone calls, taking messages and providing assistance with email correspondence.
2. Project coordination and administration as identified by VP for events and conferences.
3. Liaising and facilitating cross-communication with other Departments.
4. Providing support to Programs Team and Gideon members as required.
5. Facilitating church relations as directed.
6. Administrative duties including:
- Preparing and submitting data and reports.
- Project coordination and administration as directed.
- Data Entry, filing, data organization, manipulating statistical data, photocopying and Word processing.
- Organization of department materials, brochures and media.
- Managing agendas and taking minutes for meetings as required.
- Devise and maintain process management systems as required.
- Coordinating flow of information and data to coordinators, leaders and VP.
- Mailing and shipping as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- A working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Database software such as customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
- Extremely organized and driven by perfecting details.
- Experience putting organizational processes and systems in place to support a vision or goal.
- Ability to craft email communications for various audiences and Department activities and initiatives.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a collaborative, cross-departmental team.
- Goal and outcome oriented.
- Knowledge of project and event coordination & administration.
- Thrive in supporting many projects at once, while ensuring excellence in all.