The Gideons International In Canada is seeking an Administrator with proven experience in administration as an Administrative Assistant. This individual is a key member of the Programs Department within the Gideon organization and must have a passion for seeing God's Word distributed in Canada and worldwide.
The Gideons International In Canada (TGIC) is an organization of vibrant, passionate men and women who seek to encourage and equip believers and churches to reach their communities and the world with the gospel through the sharing of God’s Word. Established in 1911, the 105-year old ministry has rapidly transformed itself for growth and global impact.
TGIC continues to create innovative ways of reaching more people with the gospel, using tools like the NewLife app (newlife.bible), creating Scripture magazines like Hope, Light and Redemption, and launching a youth arm called SendMe (sendme.ca). In August 2015, TGIC launched their international brand, ShareWord Global. ShareWord Global serves as the ministry’s international arm, extending the ministry’s passion for reaching the lost all over the world. For more information, please visit www.gideons.ca.
Revenue: $10 Million
The Programs Department facilitates TGIC’s domestic ministry, equipping members and churches in personal evangelism through the distribution of Scriptures, along with cultivating partnerships, fundraising, training and membership development. The Programs Department also facilitates engagement with targeted ministry demographics, including our youth initiative, SendMe.
This position’s primary focus is supporting SendMe through the administration of processes, information, development, events and reporting along with providing engagement and support of SendMe participants. This position also contributes to supporting the Programs Department in accomplishing its overall goals and objectives in a collaborative, team environment.
Job Type: Full-time at TGIC Head Office in Guelph, Ontario.
Department: Programs Department
Reports to: VP of Programs
Applications: Interested applicants will submit a letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Are Looking For
We are seeking a high-energy, relational and gifted individual to join us in the Programs Department. The candidate must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, have the ability to manage and distribute information and be administratively minded. This individual will be responsible for a variety of duties, including but not limited to general administrative coordination in the Programs Department and with our targeted youth ministry, SendMe. Excellence in customer service is valued and pertinent in all activities.
- 2-3 years demonstrated administrative ability in a business or non-profit environment.
- Proven experience in project coordination, and a team mentality in accomplishing objectives.
- Post Secondary Education, Office Administration/Assistant diploma, and Project Management certification an asset.
The SendMe Administrator’s primary responsibility is to support the VP of Programs and Programs Department administratively, to achieve the Department’s goals and objectives. The requirements will vary but include the following:
- Administrate SendMe program and liaise and provide support for program participants, including facilitating the shipment of orders and materials.
- Project coordination and administration as identified by VP for events and conferences.
- Liaising and facilitating cross-communication with other Departments.
- Providing support to Programs Team and Gideon members as required.
- Facilitating evangelism training and church relations as required.
- Assist with fulfilling Scripture requests, as needed.
Administrative duties including:
- Preparing and submitting data and reports.
- Project coordination and administration as directed.
- Data Entry, filing, data organization, manipulating statistical data, photocopying, and Word processing.
- Organization of department materials, brochures, and media.
- Managing agendas and taking minutes for meetings as required.
- Devise and maintain process management systems as required.
- Coordinating flow of information and data to coordinators, leaders, and VP.
- Mailing and shipping as required.
- Other Programs Department duties as needed.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
- A working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Database software such as customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
- Extremely organizational, driven by perfecting details.
- Experience putting organizational processes and systems in place to support a vision or goal.
- Ability to craft email communications for various audiences and Department activities and initiatives.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a collaborative, cross-departmental team.
- Goal and outcome oriented.
- Have knowledge of project and event coordination & administration.
- Thrives supporting many projects at once while ensuring excellence in all.
- Great communication, relational and customer service skills.
The Gideons International In Canada is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of The Gideons.
The Gideons International In Canada I ShareWord Global is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of The Gideons I ShareWord Global.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.